Campos, Fernando

I was born in August 18, 1998. I attend Linda Esperanza Marquez High School, HPIAM I am currently a junior. I love the sport basketball, my favorite team is The Los Angeles Lakers. I love also love shoes. My favorite color is burgundy, and i am the youngest of two.

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

St. Patrick’s Day


               


     Every year on March 17 people celebrate St. Patrick’s Day. St. Patrick’s Day began as a religious feast for the patron Saint of Ireland has become an international festival celebrating Irish culture with dancing, parades, food and a lot of green. St. Patrick was a British man who was taken prisoner by the Irish after serving several years as a prisoner he had received a message from god to escape from Ireland. After escaping to Britain he experienced a second revelation, an angel in a dream tells him to return to Ireland as a missionary. Soon after, Patrick began religious training, a course of study that lasted more than 15 years. St. Patrick’s Day was made an official Christian festival in the early 17th century.  The day is to commemorate Saint Patrick’s arrival of Christianity in Ireland and celebrate the heritage and culture of Ireland. It is celebrated on March 17 because it was the day that Saint Patrick was believed to have passed away.  

No comments:

Post a Comment